Vancouver is one of the most beautiful places to visit in Canada. Its dazzling geographical splendor makes it a fantastic place to explore if you love adventure. Besides, its strategic location along the Pacific Ocean and proximity to the mountains allows you to experience nature. You will appreciate everything that the city has to offer.
If you are planning for an adventurous trip, Vancouver will be the best place to visit. It has a plethora of attractions, including museums, parks, art galleries, trails, historic sites, and cultural sites. Besides, it’s a cosmopolitan city with vibrant nightlife, incredible restaurants, upscale shopping centers, classic resorts, and modern skyscrapers.
What You Should Know about Vancouver before Traveling
When visiting Vancouver for the first time, you should get acquainted with it. This travel guide will help you know more about Vancouver, including the best places to visit. Here are some of the things you need to understand about this fantastic city.
The official currency of the city is the Canadian Dollars (CAD). So, it will be a great idea to buy the CAD at a reputable foreign exchange provider to pay for services in Vancouver. However, some tourist centers in the city may accept the most traded US Dollars.
The official languages in Vancouver are English and French. But since it’s one of the most diverse and multicultural cities in Canada, there are over 200 languages spoken, including Punjabi, Chinese, Spanish, Italian, Tagalog, and German languages.
As mentioned, Vancouver has some of the fascinating attractions you can consider when you visit the city, such as parks, sandy beaches, and museums. Here are some of the best attractions you’ll find in Vancouver.
- Stanley Park: It’s one of the top attractions in Canada and also in the entire world. Surrounded by a 10-kilometer perimeter wall, it’s the best place to visit if you love cycling. You can cycle around the park as you watch all its spectacular attractions.
- Chinatown: Vancouver’s Chinatown is one of the oldest places in the city. Located along the Downtown Financial District, Chinatown has a vast range of restaurants, shops, and markets. You can buy things here at affordable prices, including food.
- Deep Cove: If you would love to kayak, Deep Cove in Vancouver will be the best place to visit. It is one of the safest places to kayak as you interact with nature, like some forest creatures.
- Richmond Night Market: This is one of the best markets to visit and interact with the locals, who are mostly Chinese vendors. Richmond has hundreds of stalls selling a vast range of foods. The best time to visit this place is during summers.
- Canada Place: It has several attractions, including a seaplane terminal and a cruise terminal. To watch seaplanes landing and taking off, you can sit in one of the waterside restaurants and have a spectacular view of the plane terminal.
- Lyn Canyon Park: If you love hiking, Lyn Canyon Park is a must-visit place. It has many trails, waterfalls, and swimming holes that provide amazing experiences. You’ll also get the chance to walk over the park’s breathtaking suspension bridge.
Other Vancouver’s attractions you can visit include Van Dusen Botanical Gardens, Pacific Spirit Park, Museum of Anthropology, Vancouver Convention Center, Grouse Mountain, and the Vancouver Aquarium.
Eating Places in Vancouver
To save money on food, you need in places where foods are affordable. Thankfully, there are many food joints, where you can find affordable meals, including those in Richmond Market and Robson Street. You’ll find a vast range of Asian foods like sushi and ramen.
Places to Stay in Vancouver
Once you are in Vancouver, you cannot miss a place to stay. Many hotels, hostels, and Airbnb rentals provide accommodation at affordable prices. You can book a romantic hotel, luxury hotel, or budget hotels, depending on your needs.
Some of the good hotels in Vancouver include:
- Listel Hotel
- Sandman Hotel
- Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
Now that you understand all you need to know about Vancouver, you should prepare the best itinerary to guide you during the trip. If you have foreign currency, you can acquire the Canadian Dollars at Knightsbridge FX Vancouver. The company provides consistent bank-beating rates that will help you save hundreds or thousands of dollars. Also, you can read the guide by Globo Surf.