If you have never played craps before, you may wonder: how to play craps? There are several steps to learning how to play the game. This article will provide you with some basic guidelines for getting started with the craps game. By the end of this article, you should be able to win money at the casino! So, let’s get started and find out how to play craps game!
How Do You Play Craps at The Casino?
Craps is a classic table game of chance where one or more players may participate. In casinos, it is played against the house or the bank. However, players can also place counter-bets against each other. The goal of craps is simple: bet on the number that the dice will make before rolling. However, there are a series of craps rules that make this operation more complex.
Very briefly, the game consists of throwing the dice against the opposite wall of the game table and achieving the desired combination. Today, you can play online craps at craps casinos without leaving your bedroom.
To understand the game it is necessary to know that the game table will be divided in various ways, with signs that the beginning player will not immediately recognize. In these divisions the various bets are made. There are two key sections to the start of the game.
They are the following:
- Pass Line: On this line the craps shooter will make the first bet of the game and the first roll of the dice.
- Don’t Pass Line / Bar: This is the line where counter bets are made. In other words, every player who bets on this line is betting against the roll of the dice shooter.
In the first bet and roll on the pass line there are different combinations:
- If a 7 or 11 is rolled, the shooter will win the same amount of money as everyone who bet on the pass line. The bet is won.
- If a 2, 3 or 12 is rolled, the players who bet on the pass line lose their bets.
- In the other results (4, 5, 6, 9, 10) the point round begins. From that moment on, the player will roll the dice until the point comes out (everyone wins) or 7 (everyone loses).
Types of Bets in Craps
Once the initial roll is made, the real craps fun begins. As well as betting on the pass line or lay line, there are a wide variety of bets to choose from. Next, we review some of the most common.
- Field Bet
It is a simple type of bet, which allows you to familiarize yourself with the game without losing a lot of money.
In it you win if it comes out 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11 or 12, and you lose in all the remaining options. Of course, if you get a 2 or a 12, they will pay you double.
- “Come” Bet
You win if you get a 7 or 11. But if the bets are a 2, 3 or 12, you lose. If 4,5,6,8,9 or 10 is rolled, the bet will be changed to the number that was rolled.
When that happens, you have to roll again, winning if the same number comes up. If it doesn’t come out, you have to throw it again until the same or 7 comes out, losing if the latter comes out.
- “Don’t eat” Bet
It is the opposite bet to the previous one. If 2 or 3 is rolled, you win and if 7 or 11 is rolled, you lose, with a null result if 12 is rolled. If 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 or 10 is rolled, the die will be rolled again until 7 or the same. Of course, this time you win if 7 comes out and lose if the same one comes out.
- “The Eyes of the Snake” Bet
It is betting that one of the two dice comes up. This bet pays out 30 times, the same as rolling two sixes. In addition, the rolls are not repeated, you only have one launch.
- Bet Under 7 or Over 7
Bets on under 7, you will win if it is less than 7, losing if it is equal to or greater. The opposite happens if you bet on 7.
Common Craps Phrases
Words are said during the course of the game that some players may consider strange, but are actually part of the traditional craps jargon.
Some of the most frequent are the following:
- Craps – when the player gets a number 2, 3 or 12.
- Jimmy Hicks – When the player gets number 6.
- Little Joe – when the dice shooter rolls a 4 made up of a 3 on one die and a 1 on the other.
- Puppy Paws – when the player gets a number ten using two fives.
- Seven-out – when a shooter is out for getting a number 7. In case of losing by a number 7 it is also known as Skinny Dugan.
- Skate and donate – when a shooter rolls a number 8.
- Snake eyes – when the dice thrower rolls a 2.
Craps is undoubtedly one of the most famous games in casinos anywhere in the world. The next step is to register at an online casino. Once you’ve registered, you can choose your preferred payment method and input bonus codes. Depending on the casino, there are different kinds of craps games.
Make sure you check the rules and the paytable before making a decision on which one to play. You can also play craps on your mobile device at best real money casinos with no deposit bonuses in the US and Canada if you’d like to play it on the go. Depending on the casino, you may have to download a downloadable craps app or software, or use an online casino.
Anyways, now that you know how to play craps. If you wish to practice it at online casinos, then good luck to you!