Have you just being in contact with an entity who provided you with the best advice of theirs? or are you running into profits because of your employees? or are you given up a new project by some company? If yes! then surely you owe a huge thanks to these people as they have to lead a path of success to your future career and growth of your business.
Sometimes, it becomes important to appreciate the efforts of the ones who are working for us so that they feel satisfied as well as their morale and confidence is boosted up through this. Being a businessman it is your responsibility to make everyone feel that they are wanted and are an essential part of the organisation as an individual colleague or as another businessman, as a manager or as an employee.
So, when it is the time to give a thanks to someone,being a gentle businessman or an individual do not step back in thanking someone.
TIPS FOR WRITING A THANK YOU CARD-
- Greet according to the position- Always remember and focus on the position of the person to whom you are sending the thank you message. If you are sending to your colleague than you may use “dear”. If you are sending to your boss or another related client of your business you may use “respected sir”.
- Try to be professional- Whenever you are sending a thank you message to a business concern try to be professional and so do not bring some homely factor in your message. It should be totally professional so that the reader feels that you are trying to impress him by your kind nature.
- You should know the reason of writing-Whenever you are writing a letter you should be well aware of for what reason you are writing a thank you letter to someone and so you should draft it accordingly.
- Do not take long to write-Once when you are provided any kind of assistance by someone and you feel like you should be thankful to them, write at that time only a thank you letter, do not take long for writing it too him,because he might forget or may feel like that you do not have a nature of appreciating someone and so it may throw a bad impression of yours.
- Be short and precise- Do not write a thank you message as if you are writing a love letter. A thank you message should be short,clear and precise so that the recipients do not feel awkward or bored while reading it.
OCCASIONS FOR WRITING A THANK YOU MESSAGE-
- To an employee for his hard work- It is not necessary that you say thanks to your senior,sometimes it is necessary to appreciate your employees so that they feel that their hard work and efforts are being noticed and that they have a standing in the organisation.
- Thank you to a client for approving the project- Good and cordial relations could be built between the businessmen when both the sides have same kind of temperament and attitude towards each other of give and take. So it is good to give a thank you message to your client when he approves your project to keep a long business relationship going on.
- Thank you to boss for giving you promotion- Being an employee you can also give thanks to your senior or boss when you are being promoted a higher grade. This shows a sense of responsibility and your concern towards your new post.
- Thank you letter to a colleague- At times you are supported and helped by your colleagues so it is important on your part to give a thanks to your colleagues. He might have helped you in a project or completing your targets etc.
- Thank you letter for job search help- Finding up a job is a tedious task as well as a complicated one and so if someone has been helpful to you in finding a perfect job for you than you should send a thank you letter to that person.
- Thank you to a higher dignitary for attending the business conference or meeting- You should always be thankful to the dignitaries or other business man who have taken out their time from busy schedules just to attend your business meeting or conferences.
EXAMPLES OF THANK YOU MESSAGE-
- Thank you for accepting our business proposal among the others.
- Thank you for your assistance. We seek a long term business relation with you.
- Thank you for giving us a chance to serve you. We hope we fulfill your targets.
- Thank you for your trust over our work. We will always provide you with the best.
- We sincerely pay thank you and also appreciate your loyalty to our business.
- Thanks a lot for your cooperation.
After a wedding, a graduation, retirement or anniversary party, or other special event, it’s customary to thank your guests for helping you celebrate. Words and phrases appropriate for an event thank you note include:
- We are forever grateful that you were able to share our wedding with us and we are so touched by your generous gift.
- We are so pleased you could join us for Liam’s first birthday. He loves his first train set so much. I’m going to send you a cute picture of him playing with it.
- Thank you for celebrating our retirement with us. We can’t wait to get out on the golf course more with you.
- Happy Holidays! Thanks so much for taking the time to attend our family’s Christmas party, we know it’s a hectic time of year.
- You’ve been there for me in some tough times and I’m so happy you were there to see me graduate. You shouldn’t have gotten me a gift but it was so nice that you did and I’ll really treasure it.
- I’m still smiling! I hope you know that Mark and I will never forget the great experience we had celebrating our anniversary with you.
- We’re overjoyed you made it to our event. It was wonderful to see you after so long and we really appreciate you coming from so far away to be there with us.
Hospitality Thank You Notes
When you’ve been invited as a guest in someone’s home, send a thank you note expressing appreciation for this hospitality. Some phrases that would be appropriate include:
- Thank you again for inviting us into your lovely home. Your hospitality was much appreciated as we’re settling into the neighborhood.
- Sometimes the simplest things mean the most. That wonderful dinner and a comfy bed was very much appreciated after a stressful week.
- Thanks so much for the great time the other night. We loved seeing your beautiful new home and sampling your mother’s famous lasagna.
- It was such a blessing to be invited to your Thanksgiving Day feast. Thank you for the delicious meal and warm welcome.
- Thank you for taking me in and feeding me after my surgery. It was such a blessing to not have to worry about cooking and cleaning during my recovery. You saved the day!
- All I can say is wow! Brunch was absolutely delicious. I only wish I had your talents in the kitchen!
Thank You Notes for a Special Gift
It’s always a good idea to send a thank you note for a gift, especially if the gift arrived via mail or the giver wasn’t around to see you open it. Some examples of wording include:
- The cozy blanket you crocheted made my day. I’ll be thinking of you every time I’m curled up on the couch watching Netflix.
- I am so grateful for the lovely floral arrangement you sent after my surgery. Daisies are my favorite flower and the vase is the perfect color to match my freshly painted kitchen.
- Every time I walk past the breathtaking landscape picture in the hallway, it brings back happy memories of our trip. I will treasure it forever. Thank you!
- Thank you ever so much for the sweet present. A box of gourmet chocolates was just what I needed to put a smile on my face.
- We love the beautiful gift you got for us. The serving bowls will be put to good use at our Fourth of July BBQ. I’m looking forward to seeing you there.
- We love our beautiful new lamp and we cannot thank you enough for your thoughtfulness. It’s just what we needed for the den.
- Thank you for such a special present. The Secret Garden has been my favorite book since I was a little girl and I’m touched that you were thinking of me. You know me so well!
- I didn’t expect to find a huge plant on my doorstep when I got home today! Thank you so much, it’s the perfect addition to the patio.
Thank You Notes for Help or Kindness
When someone goes out of their way to help make your day a bit brighter, you can show your appreciation with a heartfelt thank you note. Try using:
- I am so thankful for the time you took to help with my presentation. You’re a wonderful friend and coworker.
- Thanks so much for taking the time to help with Dalton’s science fair project. We’re so grateful to have a dinosaur expert in the family.
- We really appreciate all you have done to help us get set up in our new apartment. Look for your housewarming party invitation once we are unpacked!
- It was so nice of you to help me out the other day when I couldn’t pick up the twins from daycare. We’re lucky to have you in our lives.
- We are forever in your debt for helping us through this tough time. I’m humbled and grateful for your support.
- I will always remember how you helped me to get this wonderful opportunity. I can only hope that someday I’ll be in a position to repay you.
- Thank you so much for all you have done to help us clean up after our basement flooded. Neighbors like you are a real treasure!
- You’ve bent over backwards for me once again. I couldn’t ask for a better friend!
Job Search Thank You Notes
A job search often requires several thank you notes. You should send a note after an interview, as well as to thank people who offered you job leads, networking connections, or a professional reference. For example:
- Our conversation yesterday confirmed my interest in becoming part of your staff. I’m particularly excited by the prospect of being able to develop my own departmental newsletter. Please feel free to contact me if I can provide you with any additional information.
- Thank you for speaking with me yesterday about the account management position at XYZ Incorporated. I’m confident my education and past experience would allow me to meet your needs effectively. I’m very interested in the opportunity and look forward to hearing from you.
- I can’t stop thinking about the creative approach to project management that you described in our meeting yesterday. Thank you for taking the time to interview me. I may be reached at 555-555-5555 if you need any further information.
- Thank you for introducing me to Daniel Masterson at XYZ Incorporated. I’m very grateful for the connection and humbled by your support of my job search.
- Your introduction to Daniel Masterson at XYZ Incorporated is much appreciated. Our informational meeting went very well and I’m excited about the employment opportunities they have available.
- My interview for the bookkeeping position at XYZ Incorporated went very well. Thanks so much for agreeing to serve as a reference on my behalf.
- I’m pleased to report that I’ve accepted an internship with XYZ Incorporated. Thanks again for answering my questions about the field of cloud computing and agreeing to serve as a professional reference.
Sending a thank you card to a business contact is perceived as customary and so you should send a thank you message as and when required this will extend your future opportunities as well as goals of expansion.